Innovator firms and individuals rely on Connell Foley to secure, protect, and enhance their valuable strategic and business assets. Our intellectual property attorneys represent some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as start-up companies, in virtually every industry and field of technology, including pharmaceuticals, financial services, life sciences, food products, cosmetics, and industrial and medical equipment, among other industries.
Full Range of IP Litigation
Our firm has a long history litigating cases on behalf of intellectual property pioneers. Our IP practice group is comprised of lawyers who are authorities in IP disputes involving trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, trade secrets and proprietary information, and related intellectual property issues such as infringement, ownership, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, the seizure of counterfeit goods, and non-competition agreements. Connell Foley also regularly teams with nationally recognized patent firms as litigation counsel in patent cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, including innovator pharmaceutical companies.
Our group can provide a broad range of litigation services, whether as lead counsel or as part of a larger team, for a variety of legal disputes including:
- Litigation involving the protection of trademark and trade dress rights to consumer products and other goods and services
- Unfair competition, trade secret, restrictive covenant, and employee piracy matters
- Coupled with patent counsel, paragraph IV ANDA patent challenges under the Hatch-Waxman Act on behalf of pharmaceutical companies
- Coupled with patent counsel, patent infringement actions involving complex technology, products, and services
- Cybersquatting and Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) matters
- Counseling clients in the protection of trade secrets and proprietary information critical to their ability to maintain competitive advantage
- Piracy cases requiring the seizure of counterfeit products and software
When faced with an emergent need to protect their intellectual property interests, clients rely upon Connell Foley’s experience in handling applications for temporary restraints or preliminary injunctions. The depth and breadth of our IP litigation experience, which draws upon the skill and knowledge of our many former state and federal judicial law clerks, and our substantial trial experience at all levels of the state and federal judiciary, ensures that our clients get a practical, cost-conscious, business-oriented approach.
IP Transactions and Counseling
Our group is equally skilled in addressing our clients’ transactional and counseling needs. We assist clients in obtaining certain intellectual property rights and in transactions involving intellectual property rights. Our capabilities include:
- Procurement of trademarks and copyrights before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office
- Transactions involving rights in intangible property, including licensing of intellectual property rights and data, leveraging the value of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Transactions involving application service providers (ASPs) or arrangements for supply or outsourcing, such as original equipment manufacturing (OEM) arrangements
Whether counseling on ways to protect proprietary information or making applications to enforce employment and other non-disclosure covenants, our team of intellectual property attorneys has the expertise and experience necessary to secure our clients’ vital commercial assets.