Clients who face sensitive issues arising from antitrust and competition laws frequently turn to Connell Foley for a variety of litigation and counseling services. Our Antitrust practice group has defended clients across multiple industries in connection with antitrust and unfair competition claims and has guided clients through the complexity common to licensing, joint partner, and distribution arrangements and investigations.
Our practice combines a thorough understanding of federal, state, and international antitrust laws and regulations with time-tested litigation skills and market awareness to provide clients with a one-stop resource for all antitrust challenges. Antitrust law is inherently multifaceted and complex, and our group is comprised of a diverse group of lawyers who possess the legal expertise – as well as the required industry and market knowledge – to help clients with their most important and delicate matters.
The Spectrum of Our Services
Connell Foley’s Antitrust group integrates a wide array of services for clients across the entire range of antitrust and competition concerns, including:
- Defending claims in complex civil cases, nationwide class actions, and consolidated multidistrict litigation that arise under the Sherman Act, Clayton Act, and Robinson-Patman Act and corollary state statutes, as well as the federal and state unfair competition laws
- Defending clients against a full range of competition-related allegations, including monopolization, collusion (cartelization, price-fixing, and bid-rigging), bundling, and boycotts
- Protecting intellectual property assets and claims within the context of antitrust law and against allegations of misuse of assets
Connell Foley’s representative experience includes:
- Representing insurers and serving as liaison counsel to insurers and brokers in defending a putative class action asserting antitrust and RICO claims arising out of contingent commissions paid to brokers
- Defending pharmaceutical companies against civil claims of alleged monopolization and restraints of trade based on the contracting and marketing practices involving the product Lovenox®
- Advising clients in a variety of industries, including fashion and food distribution, on pricing and distribution agreements
- Defending a pharmaceutical company in coordinated putative class actions and opt-out complaints alleging violations of antitrust and state unfair competition laws based on prosecution and enforcement of patents relating to the product Effexor XR®
- Defending pharmaceutical companies against claims of patent misuse concerning alleged monopolization involving the sale and distribution of the product Protonix®
- Advising clients in the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries on licensing agreements involving intellectual property